Dark spots may be the most common and difficult cosmetic aliment that effects women today. The reason for this is due to the fact that they are derived from irregular skin pigmentation and most topical ointments fail to deliver a logical solution. There are a variety of causes of dark spots such as diet, sun intake and hereditary traits. These blemishes can be found anywhere and generally can not easily be removed like wrinkles.
- Blame the gene pool- another important aspect that you must acknowledge is that the development of sun spots is not completely preventable. Often the development of these unsightly blemishes are 100% hereditary. Like your hair and your eyes, your skin and how it reacts to the harmful rays of the sun are largely impacted by the history of your mother and father.
- Sunscreen helps with cancer not dark spots- another popular belief is that sunscreen will prevent unsightly dark spots but in reality this is not the case. This is why dermatologist that are advising their patients on how to prevent dark spots suggest that they wear shady hats or avoid the sun all together.
- Dark Spots are not a symptom of healthy skin- contrary to popular belief dark spots are not the same as acne, wrinkles or other dermatological ailments. In general dark spots are a response to the external caused by UV rays. Just as if your skin responds with a bruise when you hurt yourself playing sports a dark spot appears when an over exposure occurs to the harmful violet light of the sun. These spots form to protect your vital organ from additional damage. This is why they are difficult to remove for traditional anti-aging creams.
- Avoid over exfoliation- Dark spots are caused by over concentrated UV rays as well as inflammation. It is important to be careful to avoid rubbing your skin too hard because this can lead to natural bruising/ damage prevention especially for people that have fair skin.
- Different Colors of Dark Spots- These spots can come in a variety of colors shapes and sizes. Although these different colors are no indicative of serious aliments or disease it is important to maintain a watchful eye on anything that appears on your skin so you can consult with a qualified dermatologist if required.
- Closely monitor the texture of your spots- It is very important for you to monitor the texture and feel of your dark spots. If there is any pain felt or you are experiencing a bulge or any inflammation consult a dermatologist this may be the first stages of cancer.